So I am sure we have all had our fair share of high school bf's, the I don't know I'm gay, the stoner, the jock, etc. Well my dating stories truly begin after high school, and well, even after my crazy college years. (One year for my bday in college my roommates bought me a blow up male doll bc my bf had just dumped me-and I took him all over town with me.) But onto real men.
I had just transferred malls working for a leading lingerie company, and noticed a cute Italian security guard; and the courtship began (especially after I found out he was a volunteer firefighter). We started talking in early July and I was ecstatic when he asked me to go camping with him over Labor Day. So I pack all my stuff up (this was not real camping, there were lodges and showers-so real camping to me), and he picks me up and we hit the road. Roughly 4 hours later we arrive and park and he says "ok I will see you at dinner!" I pause for a second and say what? He says "I was truly concerned for your soul so I brought you to a christianity camp. I want you to find Jesus so you can be saved with me"
Now, backing up a little, I am neither pro or anti religion, it was just never a part of my upbringing so was never important to me.
After I almost fall over he proceeds to tell me that girls sleep on one side of the camp and boys on the other and we are together at meals. So I am rushed off to go bunk with the other girls in the camp who are all asking me why I haven't found Jesus yet. After getting to the room and realizing I have no cell service, and no alcohol, I realize I am in for a very long weekend. And a not so long relationship. This man, though sweet, was against premarital sex, did not drink, and had do drive to better himself because Jesus would show him the way. I think what pushed me over was that on Christmas at his close friends house (who were the nicest people truly) they got a birthday cake out. I asked whose birthday is it? And they all replied looking shocked I would ask: "Jesus'". I had to sing happy birthday to Jesus on Christmas.
We lasted a few months longer, and I decided to move away, and so he proposed. I simply said no, and moved 400 miles away from all I new.
Little did I know my mind would be blown away with what I encountered over the next few years....
No comments:
Post a Comment