So last blog I was running away to DC. I packed up and moved with a friend to Northern VA and so began my whirlwind of dates.
When we first moved we really didn't know where to go out, so we found a local watering hole in walking distance of our apartment. We figured we would start there and then see where we could downtown afterwords. Well, we never made it anywhere else. We quickly befriended the band playing and the drinks kept coming. Turns out this bar had karaoke every Thursday night and quickly became regulars, even making it on the cover of the song selection book for a time. Never got a date from the bar, but years of fun times and good memories. My first date happened when we went Downtown into DC. There was a club (whose name escapes me) which had different floors for different music taste. My roomie and I always went downstairs to the hip hop room-best music at the time in my opinion. We would usually go on saturday nights when it was crowded but we got to know the DJ and he would always take of us. One night I saw a gorgeous man from across to him and after a few too many drinks said "too bad your'e not on the menu" and walked away. He chased out of the club after me and we exchanged numbers. Surprisingly he called the very next day. Between my drunken memory and the name that popped up on caller id I had no idea where this man was from, but I don't discriminate so I agreed to go on a date. When he picked me up in his tricked out civic (flashing fluorescent lights around his rims and tinted windows) I had no idea what to expect. He took me out to dinner and was actually very nice, and as I grew accustomed to the constant smell of curry on his skin we began dating. We would go to parties, movies, dinner, and just chill, but always on my side of town, with my friends, or at my place. I never really thought anything of it until one day his car broke down and he needed a ride to work. Of course I said no problem and asked for his address to pick him up. He told me to pick him up on the corner of 2 streets, and I questioned why not at his house as it was the middle of winter and freezing out. He told me to not worry and just to be there. So I went to the corner where he told me to be and again, I asked why did he not want to be picked up at his house. He replied stone faced that his mother could not see me as he had an arranged marriage with a fiancé in India and he would disgrace his family. Not sure how to process this info I proceed to drive him to work. Just before dropping him off I ask "then why are we dating" and he replies I always wanted an american blonde before I got married.
And that was the last time we ever spoke; at least that I spoke to him. He did try multiple times to take me out again, and I refused as he always maintained his fiancé back home. And that was the beginning of many around the world experiences with men.
No comments:
Post a Comment